Location of Work:
Bespoke Hospitality Management Asia – Bangkok Corporate Office
11th FL.,The Trendy Bldg. 10/125 Soi Sukhumvit 13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel. +66 2 168 7533 ext. 222 Fax: +66 2 168 7544
To source, secure and maximize revenue opportunities from a dedicated account portfolio and leverage all sales tools and programs for maximum conversion. The Sales Manager will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures, ensuring that a professional and high level of service is maintained.
Job Responsibility & Duties:
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team.
- Maximise the number of business diary conversions from inquiry to definite.
- Monitor and review departmental performance on regular basis.
- Prepare a 3-month forecast weekly for discussion at Sales Strategy Meetings and other financial review meetings.
- Devise creative sales strategies to drive business over need dates in consultation with the Sales Team.
- Practice efficient and effective yield management in line with guidelines and in consultation with both the corporate Sales and Revenue teams.
- Promote special offers where appropriate and maximize each and every sales opportunity.
- Ensure effective and timely communication between Meetings & Events Team and clients.
- Ensure a weekly Event Order meeting is conducted to ensure the success of every event.
- Monitor denied business and ensure team cross sell.
- Maintain strong market awareness through competitor site inspections and networking.
- Develop and maintain the Sales & Catering database ensuring accuracy of input by all team.
- Organize and participate in client familiarization trips or events.
- Develop and oversee the effective billing to clients ensuring accuracy and follow up.
- Involve of all administrative works (Events Proposal, Confirmation, BEO, and other relevant documents).
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Organize and report weekly sales call plan and weekly entertainment plan to DOS.
- Establish a regular core pattern for meeting with principals of target markets and conduct site inspections within the Hotel.
- Plan and execute a series of familiarization tours to profile the Hotel and engage with customers for convention organizers, meeting planners, wedding planners, incentive operators, corporate travel planners and other industry personnel as applicable for the market segments.
- Ensure a focus on all Hotel facilities including food and beverage, catering and additional products such as Fitness Centre and Spa.
- Be responsible for a designated account base and targeted industry or geographic segment(s) for new business targeting.
- Develop and refine a comprehensive mailing list for the above-mentioned segments in conjunction with the Marketing Communications Manager and keep this database updated and regular communicate to them.
- Learn to read the marketing worksheets with an understanding of the budget the Hotel is working towards achieving in all rooms market segments.
- Align management style, working practices and conduct with Hotel’s Vision, Corporate Values and policies.
- Undertake additional duties as requested by the Department Manager and Hotel Management.
- Ensure attendance at training, ensure you practice team spirit with new staff, orienting them as they arrive to the department.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all tasks within your area of responsibility.
- Participate actively in the regular sales meeting to keep staff and management informed and to foster two-way communication.
- Involve management in aspects of decision making for your accounts by participating actively in all meetings and get their input into winning & negotiating business.
- Display creativity and initiative and display leadership skills by being able to operate with minimum supervision.
- Co-operate with all departments within the hotel.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation immediately it occurs are notify staff of potential danger.
- Develop an awareness of, and appreciation for, the richness of the cultural diversity of your clients, staff and location.
- Ensure all associates have a high level of product knowledge so they are able to explain service and facilities to client as required.
- Develop an awareness of local services, attractions and facilities.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal communication skill.
- Negotiate contracts only with approved suppliers as per corporate management policy and procedures and under the direction of the DOS.
- Participate in WOW site inspection.
- Adhere to the Hotel credit policy and procedures.
Job Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor Degree with good command of English.
- Minimum 3 years experiences related to the position.
- An additional spoken language is an advantage.
- Positive attitude and have a pleasant personality
- Must have a very strong sense of leadership, organization and management skills.
- Possess good sales techniques and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in common Microsoft software such World and Excel.
- Possess customer-handling techniques.
- Able to co-ordinate work processes in a systematic manner
- Able to react fast but calmly in the midst of any co-ordination problems
- Must possess a patient, pleasant personality
- Comfortable in dealing with all levels of people
- Be passionate and have the drive and determination to meet/exceed set goals.
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- Social Security
- 8 Days off per month
- Monthly Party